lunes, 13 de agosto de 2012

The best way to test multiple landing pages for your adwords campaign

Google wants to see a clear relationship between the specific keywords in each Ad Group, and the specific landing page you're using. 

So based on the specific keywords in each of your tightly-focused Ad Groups, do you really have those specific keywords on your home page? 

Most Adwords campaigns go awry in the setup. You should have a separate Campaign for: 

1. Search only 
2. Display only (if you're going to consider using the Display Network) 
3. Mobile 

Within each Campaign, you want to set up multiple Ad Groups, each tightly focused around highly related keywords. And each of those tightly-focused Ad Groups needs a landing page that reflects that tight focus of keywords. (You'll actually pay more on clicks if you don't use the keywords you're bidding on in your landing page.) 

Google will not penalize you for using your home page as a landing page, but your results likely will. 

By testing landing pages, you are also saying: 

- I think my ads are as great as they can possibly be, and I've tested all the possible variations to improve Click-Through. 

- I've run Adwords long enough to know that my Click-Through volume will be enough for a statistically-valid test between 4 different landing pages. 

- My challenge is conversion; I know my ads are effectively driving traffic, based on the effective click-throughs I've been getting. But I want to see if I can improve conversion once I get the traffic there. 

If you haven't tested your ads yet, I'd start there. It doesn't make sense to spend a lot of time and money creating multiple versions of a landing page if you don't yet know how much traffic you'll be driving there. 

And unless you're selling only one product (so your home page is tightly focused on that one product), it's unlikely your home page will be an effective landing page. Even with a single product, your navigation choices and other information on the home page are likely to distract your visitors and depress conversion.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario